The World Federation of Exchanges - WFE
Objective and mission
The WFE’s objective and mission can be summarized as follows:
- To advocate on behalf of the global exchange sector and to work with global regulators to establish standards for the proper functioning of publicly regulated securities markets;
- To remain/become the institutional reference source for best practice in the global securities and exchange industry;
- To support this role by the continuing and regular publication of research, studies and definitive capital market statistics;
- To support the development of publicly regulated exchanges in Emerging Markets by pooling and sharing knowledge, expertise and best practice;
- The WFE will always act to ensure and further the respect of international corporate governance and market compliance standards as set out by global regulators and standard setters, such as IOSCO, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision and the Financial Stability Board;
- To support member exchanges in the vital role of promoting sustainable finance values in the wider corporate sector;
- To help exchanges stay focused on their core social and economic role of channelling savings into productive investment.
- Supporting the industry as it constantly adapts to an evolving and fast-changing global market environment.